Delicious baked stuffed apples filled with oats, maple syrup, and butter make a great fall dessert or brunch item
- 6 baking apples
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 6 tbs of brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter made with Real California Milk, divided
- 2 tsp cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling inside apples
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400. While oven is preheating, core the apples, leaving them hollow on the outside. Place into a casserole dish. Sprinkle cinnamon inside apples.
- Cut the butter into small chunks, reserving 2 tbs. In a small bowl, mix butter, oats, spices, vanilla, walnuts, and maple syrup together with a fork. The mix should resemble coarse oatmeal cookie dough. Stuff mixture into each apple.
- Top each apple with remaining butter and brown sugar. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
We used Jonagold apples. Golden Delicious or Granny Smith would be very good in this as well.
- Category: brunch, dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 apples