The ultimate bacon cheese burger. These Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers add bacon everywhere you can think of – on top, in the cheese, in the burger meat, and in the cheesy center.
- 12 slices of bacon
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of cream cheese or marscapone cheese
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs*
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice 4 slices of bacon. Cook the diced bacon in small pan over medium heat until crispy. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream or marscapone cheese, 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 of the bacon bits, 2 garlic cloves, and salt and pepper.
- Form the cheese mixture into balls that are roughly 1-2 tablespoons in size. Makes approximately 6 balls,
- Lightly beat an egg in a small bowl. Dip cheese mixture into egg and then coat in bread crumbs. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add meat, spices, 2 more pressed garlic cloves, the remaining bacon bits and 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese. Add the remainder of the egg and bread crumbs left from the last step. Mix together until combined.
- Form patties around the cheese balls.
- Cook the rest of the bacon in strips. Set aside.
- In the same pan you cooked the bacon in, cook the burgers. Cook until the cheese balls in the center melt- approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
- Top with your favorite toppings like barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, and so on.
- Category: Burgers
- Method: pan, grilling
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5
Keywords: bacon and cheese stuffed bacon burgers